Thursday, November 4, 2010

Perfect Pumpkin Fall

Tonight I went by Michael's to pick up some essentials ;) and then hurried home to try out a recipe.

I rushed through my dinner (a pork chop my feller made and froze earlier in the week) so I could savor dessert! Pumpkin smoothie! It's very pumpkiny, but if you're anything like me, that's a good thing. Recipe and photos!



Obviously, you will need some pumpkin. The nicer way to do this is surely by scooping out fresh pumpkin guts yourself, but when I read the recipe, I just couldn't wait to devour it, which is why I opted for Libby's. So into the blender it went!



Then I "measured" out 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.



Note the mug. I stopped traditionally measuring things when I moved in with the feller. My old roommate had the measuring cups, and all of his were in metric. I eyeball everything now, and though it sometimes makes for overly fluffy cakes or slightly dry pancakes, everything is prepared with love and extra thought.

That said, toss in 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon!


Great. Before adding my 2 cups of milk


I tossed in some ice. The recipe I found suggests that you actually freeze the pumpkin pureƩ for at least 24 hours, microwave it a bit to pour it into your blender, and make the whole thing without ice. Again, I just couldn't wait!


I suspect that the whole thing is EXTREMELY pumpkiny without the ice. With it, I'm loving it. In fact I finished my whole glass while blogging this, and I think it's time for a refill! Enjoy!



-Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment