1) Stapler (OR glue and binder clip)
2) Scissors and paper cutter
3) Hole punch
4) Paper * - 12" strips x 2, 10" x 3, 7" x 3
5) string or yarn for hanging
* You can use any kind of paper: maps, comic books, sheet music, construction paper, etc.
Before watching the video you will need to cut out your paper strips. You can see above I used sheet music. Curbly.com has some great directions for making similar ornaments and different sizes. If you get confused, check out their website.
1) Cut two strips that are 12 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.
2) Cut two strips that are 10 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.
3) Cut three strips that are 7 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.
Below are a couple variations
Omit the extra 7" strip.
Omit the 7" Strip and do not tuck the strips into the bottom. Instead collect them all at the top and staple. This works well with heavier paper