Monday, January 31, 2011

Ah! Sunday!

It's Sunday, so of course I had to do a little DIY. Though, I hadn't planned on it.

In mid-December I adopted the most wonderful, beautiful 4-legged buddy a gal could ask for. She loves me. She loves me oodles and gallons and tons. However, that means she misses me like crazy when I leave. Literally crazy.

Parsley has severe separation anxiety, so every day when I Parsley-proof the house and head to work, I have no idea what it'll look like when I get home. It's been getting better and better. She no longer seems to eat books. But somethings are just too tempting. Like the boxes of cereal on the waist high shelf in the kitchen.

So today I decided I was done tempting fate and hoping that Parsley wouldn't get into things. I bout some L brackets and a laminate white shelf, and I got out my favorite toy the drill. Voila!



Please note the half destroyed cereal box.

Anyway, with a little help from my friends from my feller, I got the shelf put together and up on the wall in very little time. Use braces for your screws, my friends. Don't get any crazy ideas! The whole purpose of a shelf is ruined if it falls.

Some indoor gardening happened this weekend as well, but that post will have to wait. I'm off to gaze at my shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment