Sunday, January 16, 2011

Update on t-shirt necklaces and our CONTEST WINNER!

Hi readers.

First off, please let me apologize for the extended break from posting. I've been finishing up the first draft of a musical (I write musicals) for a reading on Wednesday, and working on it has sort of eaten my life up over the past week.

Tonight, however, I did find time to finally make a t-shirt necklace like the one Bunny made here.
Mine is from an all white t-shirt, and I took Bunny's advice and stretched all my loops at the same time. I know that won't make sense unless you read Bunny's post, so please click the above link. Anyway, Bunny had suggested making matching bracelets with the sleeves, so I attempted it.

Sadly, it didn't work out for me. My t-shirt had short sleeves and they were angled in a way that only gave one loop per sleeve. The loops were too baggy to wear, but too small to double up, so they just wound up falling off. I'm fine with them falling off though, because unlike the necklace, the bracelet looked like I simply had rags wrapped about my wrist.

I think this could work if your shirt had baggier, larger sleeves than mine did, but I thought about it, and I think almost all of my t-shirts have similar sleeves. I suppose there's no harm in trying it out, though. Go for it!

And now what you've all been waiting for!!!

The winner of our big contest for a t-shirt necklace is *drumroll* Pamela Veazie! We selected her using Random.org to generate a random number between 1 and 15 (our number of subscribers who aren't just ourselves) and then found the corresponding follower.
Congratulations, Pamela! Your t-shirt necklace will arrive soon!

Be sure to keep checking in for future giveaways.

Cheers,
Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment