Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wreath Interpretaions: A holiday outing

I'm always looking for holiday activities that will keep me out of Times Square and Rockefeller Center. I saw "Wreath Interpretations" listed in Time Out New York and gave my fiance a lunch date on our advent calendar. I wasn't sure what the Arsenal Gallery was and was pleasantly surprised to be lead to a building right before the Central Park Zoo. It is the offices of Park and Recreation with wreaths hung up on the third floor. It isn't shiny and it feels like a hole in the wall type place. But the lobby has amazing murals and the place is charming (esp. if you watch Parks and Recreation).

I've been obsessed with wreaths so this was the perfect thing to see. Some of the wreaths are inspiring and some are just plain strange. It is open until Jan. 6th and it takes 30 minutes MAX to look at the wreaths. Could be a fun and low key New Year's adventure!


Here is one of my favorites!

Checkout the Parks Dept. Website for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment